DAT101: Introduction to Information Technology
Announcement: There are 8 labs in all. On some of your schedule those in weeks 49 and 50 are not listed. Come the usual time and place those weeks.
Lab times and instructors
Description of statististics lab.
Demonstration of linear regression.
Other first year courses:
Primary lab assignments:
- The first primary lab has been updated as Lab 1.
- There have been no changes to primary lab 2 since the weekly note was written.
- The following Excel document should be used for the last part of primary lab 3 - Excel document.
If you cannot read the e-mail containing the data for the regression analysis, you can get it here.
- There have been no changes to primary labs 4 or 5 since the weekly notes were written.
- For lab 6, it is necessary to first add some Maple functions to Excel. Use the following instructions.
- There have been no changes to primary lab 7 since the weekly note was written.
- Lab 8 has to do with cryptography and PGP. For an introduction to cryptography, you can read How PGP works.
For more concrete information on how to use PGP, you can read the
Supplementary lab assignments
Last modified: May 30, 2001.