DM551: Algorithms and Probability
- The first assignment has been graded.
- The second assignment is due at 12:15 on December 12.
- Assignment 1. Due 12:15 on Monday, October 22.
- Assignment 2. Due 12:15 on Wednesday, December 12.
Textbooks and notes:
- Discrete Mathematics and Its Applications, 7th edition, by
McGraw Hill, 2013. Same textbook as used for Discrete Methods.
This textbook will be used most, and we start with it.
- Introduction to Algorithms, 3rd edition, by T. Cormen, C.
Rivest, and C. Stein, MIT Press, 2009.
Same textbook as used for Algorithms and Data Structures.
- Extra notes (available from Course Materials in Blackboard):
This includes chapter 13 from Algorithm Design, byt J. Kleinberg
and É. Tardos, Addison Wesley, 2005.
Lecture notes and problems for discussions sections:
- Note 1. This includes general information about the course.
Slides from lecture 1.
- Note 2.
Slides from lecture 2.
- Note 3.
Slides from lecture 3.
- Note 4.
Slides from lecture 4.
- Note 5.
Slides from lecture 5.
- Note 6.
Slides from lecture 6.
- Note 7.
Slides from lecture 7.
- Note 8. No slides used. Slides with most of what I covered from chapter 13 in Kleinberg
and Tardos can be found on Kevin Wayne's homepage at Princeton. It says
that they are the official slides from the publisher Pearson, for the
Pearson's slides for chapter 13.
- Note 9.
Slides from lecture 9.
- Note 10.
Slides from lecture 10.
- Note 11.
Slides from lecture 11.
- Note 12.
Slides from lecture 12.
- Note 13.
- Note 14.
Slides from lecture 14.
- Note 15.
- Note 16.
Slides from lecture 16.
- Note 17.
- Note 18.
- Note 19.
Notes about proofs:
Teaching assistant ("instruktor") Kristine Knudsen
Kristine Knudsen's email address: email@example.com
Exam information from 2017:
additional exam information (there will be some changes in 2018).
Exam information for 2018:
"Questions" and additional exam information.
"Pensum" (material students should know for the exam).
Results of midway course evaluation: