The role of the chair is to ensure the smooth execution of the session. Make sure to:
- Contact the speakers before the session, to verify who will present and to pre-empt any technical problems.
- Begin the session on time. Each session lasts 80 minutes, with equal time allotted for each presentation in the session.
- Keep presentations in the order shown in the program, to allow participants to jump between sessions.
- Introduce the speaker and the title of each presentation.
- Express visually to the speaker how many minutes (10, 5, 2) are left, using either your hands or prepared cards.
- Ensure that the presentations, including questions, do not overstep their time frame (26 minutes for 3 speakers, 20 minutes for 4 speakers and 16 minutes for 5 speakers in a session).
- At the end of each presentation ask for questions and thank the speaker.
From EURO 2009