Resources for Project Work
Table of Contents
- DBLP - Computer Science Bibliography
- The Collection of Computer Science Bibliographies
- Google Scholar
- Works well for author search. It handles partial information very well. However, if you over-specify, you do not get anything. Thus, do not specify a full middle name, for instance, just because you know it, if the author may publish just using the middle initial.
- Works well for searching on keyword from the title of papers.
- Many packages are included in the standard distributions, but otherwise you can download from CTAN.
- The UK TeX FAQ is a good collection of FAQ.
- Lars Madsen has an introduction to LaTeX in Danish: Introduktion til LaTeX.
- A good way to organize bibliographies is to use the BibTeX program which comes with the LaTeX distributions. Many of the search engines provide references in the BibTeX format.
- For computer presentations, it is advantageous to use a package dedicated to that purpose. One option is to use the beamer class for pdfLaTeX.
- For strongly math-related typesetting, see AMS-LaTeX and the Short Math Guide contained there.
- For data plotting in two or three dimensions, gnuplot is quite effective. You can also use R.
- For more advanced graphics with LaTeX, there is an entire issue of the PracTeX journal devoted to the topic.
- For line drawings, some recommend the pdflatex package called pgf hat comes with the beamer package mentioned above. It supposedly has a good user interface via the package tikz and a comprehensive manual. However, you can get quite far just using LaTeX, so this is for more advanced use.
printer_name--line-numbers=1 --tabsize=3 -g --header="Printed by NN" file.c
Alternatively, one can incorporate the source code into a LaTeX document. The package listings is nice for inclusion of programs into LaTeX. See the example files showing how to handle programs, output listings, and even defining nice output for programming languages not known by the package in advance. The example program is a C program, but the package also recognizes other languages, including java.